Hair loss statistics & bald facts
Bald statistics aren’t hard to come by. There’s a lot of mumbo jumbo and frightening miracle cures on the internet. You need to look hard to find the truth in order to find the genuine and sincere company which offers a real effective service. But the problem is, if you look for too long you got bogged down with facts opinions and downright lies that just leave you confused and demotivated.
In this article, we are looking at the real facts. Just straight facts that give you a clear starting point and a fundamental springboard for your future investigations. These statistics came courtesy of the of the Belgravia centre. The full run down can be seen here. So, without further ado, let’s put a few things into perspective:
The real bald statistics
1. Hair loss is not just a male issue. One of the biggest myths of all is only men have to worry about hair loss. There is no doubt men in general get the short end of the stick, but 50% of women will suffer hair loss to some degree.
2. Because it is not a topic of conversation and something you tend to hide out of embarrassment, sufferers tend to feel they must deal with it in isolation – but you are not alone.
The percentage of men that are noticing hair loss at different ages is:
- 35: 40%
- 60: 65%
- 80: 80%
3. Money can’t buy you love – and the people know it. According to recent studies, 60% of hair loss sufferers would rather have more hair than money!
4. Male pattern baldness is possibly the most common form of hair loss – this is hereditary. But there are other triggers as well such as lifestyle choices, bad care of your hair, putting too much strain on your hair and associated illnesses. Alopecia areata affects 1 in 100 people
5. Hair is intrinsic to fashion in the 21st century. The number of people seeking professional treatment doubled between 2004 and 2008.
6. With all the information and data about hair loss flooding the market you would expect sufferers would be taking advantage of the medical advances but the fact is 87% of British men are unaware there are scientifically proven and medically approved hair loss treatments.
7. 77% of adults would be concerned if they experienced hair loss in their twenties.
Those are the bald statistics- are you included in one of these facts? If you are suffering from male pattern baldness- we have the cure! Scalp Micro Pigmentation (or a scalp tattoo) offers a great service for people struggling with hair loss. Or even those who just want to join the buzz cut fashion trend and look their very best. Trained practitioners apply pigments to the scalp so it appears as if you have a full head of hair – but cut fashionably short.
Skalp® have clinics around the world. We have clinics in New York, Los Angeles, London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Dublin, Marbella, Milan and Amsterdam.
Top Related Posts: